LG Smart TV
You can download the app in the official LG Apps Store (Entertainment category) in your country.
Disclaimer: The application itself does not contain any channels, but is rather just a tool to stream online video.
If you can’t find it on 2016 LG TVs (webOS 3.0), please use search in the LG Content Store (type Smart IPTV).
If there is no app in your country, try signing up in any other country’s Smart TV Services and download the app from there. You can change back to your original country after you install the app, it will be saved.
Loading your own playlist
By default, there is already a test playlist for you to check how the App works. After that, you can load your own IPTV playlist by following these instructions. You can use this converter to convert your M3U playlist to the Smart IPTV format.
General RC commands
- P+/P- and Arrows – Switch pages, groups, channels and videos
- Up/Down – Show current programme information; Channel history
- ОК, Wheel – Load channel list in play mode
- INFO, INFOx2 – Show current programme information
- Nr. Keys – Channel number selection
- “0” – Reload playlist; Previous channel in play mode
- BACK – Hide channel list and infobar; Go back to primary list
- RATIO, Q.MENU – Change picture ratio
- PLAY/PAUSE/STOP – Play/pause/stop/restart stream/video
- PLAY (long press) – Permanent infobar enable/disable
- RED – Select audio track in stream/video (webOS); Toggle DVB input (Netcast TVs)
- GREEN – Electronic Programme Guide (EPG); Choose video play mode
- YELLOW – Show all channels; Show digital clock in Play mode
- BLUE – Show Groups; Settings in play mode
Stream types supported on LG webOS
Streams of type UDP:// (Multicast), RTP://, RTMP://, RTSP:// don’t work on LG Smart TVs with webOS onboard. The types of streams that are supported on LG webOS are listed here.
UDP:// (Multicast) streams only work using UDPXY. Please contact your provider for more information.
Streams of type MMS:// only play correctly using Netcast (Emu) webOS video mode set in application settings.
Changing audio language
If you have webOS 3.0 TV, you can select audio track and turn subtitles on/off using red/green buttons. On webOS 2.0 it’s only possible to turn subtitles on/off.
For older LG Smart TVs, the audio track can only be “forced” in the playlist (for streams only, not VOD!). Otherwise, stream audio language is automatically selected based on the Audio Language Settings (1st Audio) on your LG Smart TV (see picture below).
If you have webOS TV, you will need to set webOS Video Mode to NC MPEG or NC Auto in App’s Settings for this “forced” function to work. This function only works for streams that it supports (usually HTTP only, not m3u8).
Stream audio language can still be overridden by adding the following codes to your streams in the playlist:
Using this parameter, the spicific audio language will be forced. In this case “ru” – Russian. You can check the audio tracks in VLC, language codes are listed here: http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php
Examples: ru – Russian, en – English, de – German, lt – Lithuanian, et – Estonian etc..
The track change can be delayed up to 10 sec. Use only in case the TV selects inappropriate track. Could probably work on Multicast streams (UDP).
HLS Mode sometimes helps open streams faster on older non-webOS LG TVs (except 2012 LM series). Just experiment with your streams and see if it helps.
Lock MAC (since App version 2.1.25)
You can lock your MAC address in application settings by using the Lock MAC button to avoid your playlist being reset by somebody else or if you shared your MAC address with some third party.
If you want to remove the PIN, just use 0000 when locking MAC address again.